BARABASH/MOSCOW, September 18 (Alexey Eremenko, RIA Novosti)
- Amur Leopard National Park Opens in Far East
- Experts probe death of rare Amur leopard in Russia’s Far East
- New project for leopard conservation developed in Russia
- WWF cancels Amur Leopard count due to lack of snow
- Ecologists to count Amur leopards in Russia’s Far East
It all began when then-Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov saw a movie about leopards.
“We’d be nowhere without him,” said Yury Darman of World Wildlife Fund Russia, who spent a decade trying to save the Amur leopard, the rarest of leopard subspecies.
“It’s really about Ivanov, not…
View original post 1,807 more words